Welcome to Stars in our schools
Children’s education matters. School support staff, many of them UNISON members, play a major role in keeping children safe, well and happy while they learn.
That’s why we are taking a day, 28 November, to highlight what a great job they do.
We'd love you to get involved too. Why not pick one thing from the list below to show your support for the Stars in your schools?
- Join the #StarsInOurSchools conversation. See what's happening on the day and join in the celebration on the UNISON in Schools Facebook page or on Twitter.
- Join in our Thunderclap. Sign up and we can all send a tweet or Facebook post on the day to let support staff know how much we value them
- Ask your MP to sign the Stars in our schools Early Day Motion (number 523) recognising the work of support staff in our schools.
- Enter our Facebook competition. Nominate a star school support worker in your school and tell us why they are amazing. You could both win a box of chocolates!
If you’re a parent, grand-parent or carer
- bake a cake or some star biscuits and take them into school for all the Stars in our schools to share.
- help your children or grandchildren to make a thank you card for their favourite Star.
If you work in a school
Talk to your colleagues about the celebration and speak to your head teacher about how you can mark the day. Download a list of ideas for schools
If you’re a school governor
- Ask your head teacher how they’re planning to celebrate the Stars in their schools.
- Take time on the day to talk to your school support staff about the great job they do.
If you’d like to tell us your plans, please do email us or tweet us @UNISONinSchools